Australia's Top 5 Custom Pet Collars (2017)
At Tech Tails, we reviewed and tested the most popular custom pet collars available in Australia. Here are five of the best personalised dog collars on the market, and why they are a great choice for your pup.
1. Personalised Bamboo Dog CollarPet Bling’s embroidered dog collars are made of 100% organic bamboo. They are easy to wash and feature a rust-free stainless steel D-Ring. Pet Bling’s collars are made to order, so expect a 3-4 weeks delivery time. Starting at $19.95, these collars are a great deal for the frugal dog owner.
2. Reflective Custom Pet CollarsThese collars are made to last! 100% waterproof, odor resistant (no-stink), reflective and with non-corrosive hardware. The reflective strip makes them highly visible at nights and the personalised ID plate gives you that piece of mind in the unfortunate event that your dog goes missing.
Price: $34 FREE SHIPPING
Buy them at Dogaloo Dog Collars.
3. ION™ Safety LED Dog Collar (USB)ION is the perfect collar for the active dog and owner. This LED dog collar will help keep both you and your dog safe when walking early mornings or after sun down. ION is USB rechargeable and offers six hours of use with a single one hour charge. Not only is this safety flashing LED collar great when you walk you dog, if your pup gets loose it makes it more easy to spot at night.
4. Custom Engraved Leather Dog CollarsThese personalised leather dog collars from Hamag offer a stylish and durable way of identifying your four-legged friend. They feature an engraved aluminium name plate that is strongly attached to the top of the collar. The personalised nameplates come in different sizes and can include up to 20 characters. The sizes range from extra small to extra large.
5. Embroidered Dog Collars (Nylon)These custom dog collars with names are simple, but yet effective. You can choose from seven thread colours and up to 26 characters for the embroidered text. You can get your pet’s name, your phone number and your local pet’s registry number put on it. Namegame also offers leads and cat collars.
Why Should My Dog Wear a Personalised Dog Collar?If you’re like me, you take every measure to make sure that your dog will be safe at any time, even when you’re not around. So like many of you, my pup Luna has the microchip, an ID tag and she’s registered at both the National Pet Register and at South Australia’s City Council. You might call me an ID freak, but when you think about it, most of the identification methods that I just mentioned are invisible, or in the case of the ID dog tag, hard to read.
That thought never crossed my mind until saw the personalised dog collar. Such a simple idea, and one that will work if needed. Your dog’s name and your contact information is embroidered directly onto the collar’s fabric. And in the case of the leather and waterproof collars, laser engraved.
I like having that extra level of protection on my pup if for some reason she gets lost, or while being watched by friends or family.